Online aadhar card correction procedure in case of mistake while filling the application form or change of residence address
Aadhar Card provided by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) serves as proof of identity and address all over India. It is a system that is always improving itself and making it easier for citizens to access public services. However, it is possible for errors to slip through. That is why the UIDAI has set up an easy to use Self Service Portal that can help Cardholders update their details. There are also several onsite Update Centres available. Through these centres, update requests can be sent by post. Find the Correction form to send by post here- http://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
However, the online self-service portal is by far, the easiest method to update your details.
Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update to update your card in five easy steps.
Step 1: Login to Self Service PortalEnter your Aadhar number and an OTP (One Time Pin) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and captcha to log in to the portal.
Things to Note: It is mandatory to have your mobile number registered for online Aadhar Card Corrections. If it is your mobile number that you wish to correct, then please visit a local Update Centre.
Step 2: Select Field(s) for UpdateChoose the field that needs to be updated. You can also choose more than one field.
Things to Note: You can update your Name, Address, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID through this portal. In case you wish to update some other detail, please visit the nearest Update Centre.
Step 3: Update Chosen FieldsHere you need to fill in the correct details of the chosen fields. You will need to fill it in both English and a local language. Currently, the Self Service Update Portal is supporting the following languages:
Step 4: Upload Supporting DocumentsExcept for Email-Id, Mobile or Gender update requests, corrections in all other fields need to be supported by other proofs.
Please upload colour scanner copies of the required documents, as per the Valid Documents list. Please find Valid Documents as per your update request here https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup-instructions#DocumentSection
Step 5: Review and SubmissionCarefully review the entered data. Make sure that is complete and accurate in both English and local language. This step is extremely important as users often make other mistakes while working in haste.
Things to Note: The Date of Birth will not appear in a local language and all numbers are transliterated into English. Requests to change this to vernacular calendars will not be entertained.
If you have not received your aadhar card even after applying, follow the link to: Get your Aadhar Card Verified Online under UIDAI Guidelines
Procedure to Change Name on Aadhar Card Online
It is a stress-free task to change name or surname of your aadhar card online, complete stepwise process details are given below:
- Open the official aadhar page https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update on your web browser
- Aadhar Number with Captcha code i.e text verification need to be filled
- Request for OTP
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Fill the Name field in english and in your local regional language
- Upload relevant identity proof containing your name
- Note down the URN Number allotted to you for further enquiry and status on change request
Step-Guide to Change Address on your Aadhar Card Online
You need just five minutes to process your address change request online on aadhar portal in case you have changed your residence or did the typing error at the time of filling registration form, mentioned below are the update process:
- Log-on to online self service portal to update aadhar card - https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Submit your address change request giving your aadhar number and entering captcha code
- OTP from registered mobile need to enter and request requires you to give your complete details as asked in english and you may use your local language as well
- Upload the original copy of self attested address proof clearly reflecting your newly changed address
Please note that the information is updated immediately. Only after careful verification of the request can the updated and validated. You may check the progress of your Update status using the URN.